|University of West Florida||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|Campbellsville University||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|Benedictine University||Bachelor||RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)||Website|
|Alvernia University||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|Bethel University||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|Concordia University - Saint Paul||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|East Central University||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
|King University||Bachelor||BS in Nursing (RN-to-BSN)||Website|
|Notre Dame College||Bachelor||RN to BSN||Website|
This will hopefully become an ongoing and revolving Top 5 list of the best Online RN to BSN Programs. As more schools are added to our database, a newly discovered program may make it into our Top 5 list.
For a nursing program to make it into our Top 5 list it must meet the following criteria:
- It must be offered entirely online. This makes sense if the program is going to be on a Top 5 Online Program list.
- It must be affordable. This is based solely against other programs. A school doesn’t have to be cheapest, but it probably isn’t a good idea to be the most expensive either.
- Relatively short completion time. If you are already a nurse, you don’t want to spend another million years in school getting your BSN. So to make our list the program can’t take longer than 2 years.
- It must be CCNE accredited. If your program isn’t nationally accredited, then why are you going there? Your school needs accreditation.
- It must be a flexible program. An online program should be a program that is adaptable to your life. We like programs that don’t lock you into a cohort, but allow you to go part-time or start and stop as life dictates.
The Top 5 Online RN to BSN Programs
Western Governors University is outstanding. It meets all of our criteria and easily ranks #1 on our list. Read more about WGU
University of Texas – Arlington is another outstanding choice. They offer a very flexible program with a solid price.
#3 – Linfield College
Linfield College is a small private school in Oregon, but they offer an excellent RN to BSN option at a great value. Definitely worth a look.
Grand Canyon University has been advertising like crazy lately, but they actually have a great program. All the hype is worth a review and a consideration.
These two programs didn’t make the list because they are not offered nationwide. But if you live in their areas, then they definitely deserve a closer look.